WHAT IS Profhilo treatment
Winner of the most innovative treatment at the Aesthetic Awards in 2016, Profhilo is a real game changer. Neither a mesotherapy treatment or a filler, Profhilo is a bioremodelling treatment which works to cure wrinkles from within than just fill them.
Profhilo deeply hydrates the skin whilst adding weightless volume for a youthful look. In addition, it has a unique lifting and tightening effect to remodel sagging and ageing tissue.
We can use this treatment on the face, neck and hands.
HOW DOES IT WORK
Profhilo® has been specially formulated to contain a unique level of Hyaluronic Acid (a naturally occurring substance found in our bodies that is responsible for maintaining moisture within our skin), which helps to encourage the production of collagen and elastin across the skin.
Because of the way that Profhilo® has been made, it acts as a hydrator rather than a filler, and is therefore fantastic for those with tired, dull and ageing skin, to provide overall more plump and luminous skin.
HOW IS THE TREATMENT ADMINISTERED
The substance is injected just below the skin’s surface in just two sessions over a period of 4 weeks, and disperses quickly across the skin to instantly boost hydration, and consequently smooth fine lines and wrinkles, giving an overall improved skin texture.
Common side-effects of Profhilo are similar to other types of fillers and include mild bruising and swelling. Risks are the same as other fillers and can include allergic reaction or infection though these are exceptionally rare.
6 to 12 months
None to minimal
From £395 per session
After 2 sessions
Is it expected to have lumps where the Profhilo has been injected, and how long will they be there for?
Following on from Profhilo there is the chance that localised lumps can form where each of the injection sites have been. These lumps will subside usually within 4-6 hours after the treatment but they can last up to 24 hours. Not every client gets these swellings and if you have had treatment and are concerned please do give us a call.
How much downtime is there after treatments?
The downtime is minimal. When injected using the five-point technique on each side of the face, each insertion is immediately noticeable. However, they start diffusing very quickly and they disappear completely by next day.
After the treatment, it is recommended to avoid physical strain and sports for 24 hours. Please also avoid having further cosmetic procedures for 48 hours. It is not recommended to have sauna or steamy bath for the first few days either. It’s best to stay out of the sun if any bruising or prolonged swelling occurs.
How quickly will I notice results?
Patients can expect increased firmness, elasticity and an overall improved quality of the skin for up to six months.
Will people be able to tell I’ve had “work done”?
Usually, people won’t be able to tell you’ve had a treatment as the results are enhanced natural looking beautiful skin. But this depends on the skin condition being treated and the desired outcome. Profhilo® can significantly improve skin laxity. By increasing the tissue density some patients have seen some lifting, which can be noticeable. Most patients say they were complemented on how fresh they looked, but hardly ever asked what they had done.
Will there be any side effects?
Hyaluronic Acid is very well tolerated by the skin. The only reported side effects are bruising and mild swelling at the injection sites. These generally disappear in a short period of time and are associated with the needle, not the product.
Is the treatment safe?
Profhilo® was launched in February 2015 in Italy. It’s been used worldwide ever since. Over 150,000 patients have been treated so far with no adverse reactions reported. From a safety perspective, Profhilo® is highly biocompatible. That’s because it is made from ultrapure, natural Hyaluronic Acid and is stabilised without the addition of chemical cross-linking agents. This reduces the risk of adverse reactions. The product has also won numerous awards.
How will I know if the side effects are normal, or something serious has happened?
It is very uncommon to have any serious side effects, however if you do experience any of the following, please call the clinic immediately, or if after hours, seek help from a GP or A&E:
- swelling that is getting worse as time passes
- increase in pain and getting more severe with time
- skin feeling hot, redness increasing and becoming worse in time
- skin near the treatment area or along the side of the nose looking pale/white or greyish in colour on the day or day after the treatment, and pain increasing in this area
- generally feeling unwell in the days following your treatment
What if I don’t like the results or it looks too unnatural?
Is it safe to have any treatment if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
What can I do to ensure I get the best results from my injectable treatments?
- Avoid having any alcohol the day before your treatment. This will help to minimize the chance of bruising.
- In the week before your treatment, try to avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen or any other type of anti-inflammatory medication as this will also increase your risk of a bruise occurring.
- For Botox – please do not plan to have any other facial treatments (peels, facials, waxing, threading, semi-permanent makeup) for a week following your treatment. It is ok to have these treatments at any time before your Botox visit.
- For Dermal Fillers – please do not plan to have any other skin treatments (peels, facials, microdermabrasion, micro needling) for 1 week prior and 2 weeks after your dermal filler treatment.
- If you have been unwell with a cold virus, cold sore (herpes) or any other skin rash or condition, please phone the clinic to check if you should still attend your appointment. Your general medical health is important, and we are happy to reschedule your aesthetic treatment if necessary.
- After your treatment, please closely follow the aftercare advice given to you by your Medical Injector, and please do not apply anything else to the treatment area, unless previously discussed.